Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yale Quarterback Witt at Cross Rhodes

Yale's senior quarterback Patrick Witt runs an effective pro style offense. Witt has no shortage of options in his life right now. He has a full time job offer from Boston Consulting Group on the table. He also has two others options, but unfortunately, they are both on November 19.

Yale plays rival Harvard at noon on that Saturday. Witt also has the prestigious offer of interviewing in Atlanta for a chance to be a Rhodes Scholar. His interview would take all day, as even if he had his first interview in the morning, he could be called back later in the afternoon.

Witt has had NFL scouts closely monitoring his games throughout the season. He is projected as a possible late round pick. Yale history professor Dr. John Merriman is very impressed by Witt's excelling academically and athletically. He said, "Patrick, he's the only I've known here that - male or female - that's really a great athlete and a great scholar."

Witt's family, friends, and teammates will support him no matter what he decides. He says he has had teammates tell him to go to the interview, and he has had professors tell him that he should play in the game.

If I had to make the decision, I would play in the football game because I made a commitment to the team. I would need to fulfill my duty to my teammates and try to lead them to victory the best I could.

What do you think Patrick Witt should do? Comment below and tell me what you think and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment