Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Five Bold NCAA Tournament Predictions

These are ten unexpected things I picked to happen in my bracket. You can call me crazy if you wish, but it is March Madness after all. Anything is possible, so don't say I didn't tell you so when some or maybe even of all of these happen.

5. This year's double digit seed making it to the Sweet Sixteen will be N.C. State.
The Wolfpack are playing their best basketball of the season right now. They made a great run in the ACC tournament, nearly upsetting UNC in the semifinals. I think the success will carry over to the Big Dance.

4. Belmont, a #14 seed, will win their first NCAA tournament game ever.
Everyone jumped on the Bears bandwagon early when they nearly upset Duke earlier this year. This has been a very talented program for the past several years. The only thing that has eluded them is a NCAA tournament win. I think that changes this years. Belmont will have to play very well, but they could certainly upset Georgetown.

3. Two #13 seeds, Montana and Davidson, will upset #4 seeds in the second round.
Don't get me wrong. Both Wisconsin and Louisville are very talented power conference teams. However, both are defensively oriented and struggle on offense at times. This leaves them both vulnerable to upsets. Davidson showed they are capable of pulling them when they beat Kansas in Kansas City earlier this year. Montana comes into the tournament winners of 14 straight, including an upset of Weber State to earn the automatic bid to the tourney.

(These two have to go together.)
2. #1 overall seed Kentucky will be the first #1 seed to lose in the tournament.
1. This year's Cinderella, Wichita State, will make it to the Final Four.
You probably think I am crazy right now, but Wichita State is very talented. They have experience on their side, having won the NIT last season. I truly believe Wichita State can upset an unsuspecting Kentucky team. If they did that, it wouldn't shock me if they went to the Final Four. In fact, that is exactly where I have them going in my bracket. Call me crazy, but you heard this prediction first here.

No comments:

Post a Comment