Friday, October 28, 2011

Cardiac Cardinals Force Game 7

I have a girlfriend.

She wouldn't let me stay in front of the Student Center television here at the university
to finish the 9th inning of the World Series Game 6. I figured it was over anyway, so we left.

Whoops.

I returned to my dorm to find out the Cardinals had actually come back to tie the game. Just about
the time I found this out, I walked past a couple guys screaming their heads off.

Texas just gave themselves the 9-7 lead with a two-run shot.

I figured the game must be over then. I closed out of MLB.com GameTracker. I brushed my
teeth, checked my Facebook and came back to find that the Cards had tied the game 9-9.
In the bottom of the 10th.

Double whoops.

And then, in perfect Cinderella ending, they scored a run in the 11th to force Game 7. And I
missed it all. Gosh, I love baseball. Oh, and did I learn from my mistake of leaving the
television during the game? Will I watch the game like a die-hard fan tonight?

Actually, I'm going to see "Captain America." During the most American thing there is.

Game 7 of the World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment